Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Big Question (Part 2)

Fear Doesn't exist

"Find your passion in life," "Be yourself," "Follow your dreams." These are the phrases we hear too often, especially in our senior year of high school. We all want to succeed so bad, that we often have this irrational fear constantly building inside of us. We fear that we're not going to get our homework done by the due date, or that we are going to miss the game winning shot in our sports, or that we can't pay the bills for this month, or that our loved one is not going to make it another day. We fear everything and anything. Why?

My fear consumes me at times. I find myself worrying about everything from being in a fight with my boyfriend, to paying off insurance bills for the first car accident I was in, to worrying if my stress in school is ever going pay off by getting me a degree for a good paying job someday. 

Fear is defined as  an unpleasant emotion. It means to be afraid of something because we see it as dangerous, painful, or threatening. What powerful words huh? I mean, think about it. When we essentially 'fear' something, it brings us "pain" in our heart, and is "dangerous" to our well being, and it is "threatening" our mind and body. 

My big question for all this, is why do we live in fear? From what I've found from my research, my only real conclusion is that we fear simply because we are afraid of failure. We fear that all of our efforts will come too short and that we will have nothing to show for it. We are taught as children that failure is essentially negative, and success is the only option. When in reality, its quiet the opposite. You will never know success until you know failure. 

The goal out of this thought is to bring out the idea that maybe, just maybe, fear doesn't actually exist. Perhaps its just a voice inside our heads with no other purpose but to hold us back from our true potential. 

And you want to know the true beauty of it all? We control our fear equally as much as we control our happiness, our success, and our lives. After 18 years of my life so far, i have finally grasped this concept. I understand now that I have the opportunity to wake up everyday fearless and happy; And it's changed my life. I no longer live in fear of worrying myself to death about my future or what obstacle lies ahead next. Instead, I face it head on. Life is limited, and time waits for no one. Fear is but a four lettered word that people blame when they run out of excuses. You alone are in charge of your own success and fulfillment, so don't wait. 

Simply live. Live your life., and live it to the absolute fullest.. before it's too late. 



No comments:

Post a Comment