Sunday, January 4, 2015

Masterpiece Building Blocks

 Topic: The basis of my masterpiece is centered upon Journalism.
Interest: Ever since I was little I have always had a passion for writing. It has now grown into a mindset for me. It's not just about the words on a paper. I want to uncover stories and explore the world's greatest unknowns. I am perusing my passion for writing making journalism my major as I head into my next great adventure in college.
Explain: Learning more about journalism will give me the tools I need to become a powerful journalist. It's going to help me in reaching my dream of traveling the world and uncovering stories to share with the world.
Tools: Journalism requires an endless supply of valuable social skills, interview experience, psychological understandings/developments, patience, and a great deal of understanding the world through neutral eyes.
The plan: I picture my masterpiece being in the form of a video and partially me talking/explaining my journey  through the world of journalism. I have given this a lot of thought, and at first I could not buckle down a solid approach for this, but after much consideration, I think I finally created a plan! I thought about just what makes a "journalist" a "good journalist." The difference between them is that legendary journalist are master interviewers. So I set out to become just that. I want to over come my illogical fear of public speaking to become my life long dream. I contacted several journalist in my area. One of them being a women who mentored me in the past and first got me involved in the journalism business. I want to tell Their stories and this time, I'll be the interviewer. And along the way, I'll be over coming my biggest fear of public speaking. Isn't is ironic how the greatest journalist tell the most memorable stories about everyone in the world but themselves? -Not this time. This time, I'll be telling their story, and I'll be documenting everything along the way.

My end goal for my masterpiece is to simply inspire people. I want other young kids to see they can do anything if they set their mind to it. And no matter what fears they have, they can be over come and nothing can stand in the way of your happiness and your success. I want to inspire kids so they know that anything is possible. The world is in your hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment